Radford beats Gardner-Webb 80-73
BOILING SPRINGS, N.C. (AP)—Blake Smith scored a season-high 23 points, and two Radford players notched double-doubles, as the Highlanders held off Gardner-Webb 80-73 on Thursday night.
Art Parakhouski scored 15 points and grabbed 12 boards, while Lazar Trifunovic added 13 points and 11 rebounds for the Highlanders (11-9, 7-3 Big South Conference). Amir Johnson and Joey Lynch-Flohr finished with 12 points apiece.
Smith, who also dished out eight assists and tallied three steals, knocked down four 3-pointers for the Highlanders.
Radford finished 6-for-18 from beyond the arc (33.3 percent), while the Runnin’ Bulldogs were 4-for-19 (21.1 percent).
The Highlanders led just 29-27 with 4:34 left before halftime, but increased that cushion with a 12-4 run the rest of the way. They stayed in front from then on.
Anton Silver scored 16 points for Gardner-Webb (6-14, 3-7).
- Water outside Rupp Arena turns the color of Kentucky’s biggest rival
- Former Michigan State star Appling charged in new case
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team