North Texas edges Western Kentucky 84-83 in OT
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (AP)—Eric Tramiel scored 25 points and made the game-winning basket with 8 seconds left in overtime to give North Texas an 84-83 victory Thursday night over Western Kentucky.
The Mean Green (13-7, 6-4 Sun Belt Conference) have won four of their last five games.
Steffphon Pettigrew made a contested 3-pointer with one-tenth of a second left in regulation for the Hilltoppers (11-10, 4-5) to force overtime.
Tristan Thompson added 20 points for North Texas and George Odufuwa had 15 points and 16 rebounds.
The game featured 16 ties and 15 lead changes.
The Hilltoppers shot 30-for-37 from the free throw line, while the Mean Green shot 16-for-23. From the field, North Texas shot 49.2 percent (32-for-65) compared to Western Kentucky’s 41.4 percent (24-for-58).
Pettigrew scored 23 points for the Hilltoppers, who have lost five straight. A.J. Slaughter had 18 points.
- North Texas edges Western Kentucky 84-83 in OT
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions