Quinnipiac defeats Wagner 66-57
NEW YORK (AP)—James Feldeine scored 21 points and Justin Rutty had a double-double to help Quinnipiac defeat Wagner 66-57 on Thursday night, for its eighth-straight win.
Rutty finished with 15 points and 10 rebounds as both teams shot under 40 percent. But the Bobcats (14-6, 8-1 Northeast Conference) turned the ball over just eight times, compared to 16 by the Seahawks (3-19, 1-8).
Danny Mundweiler’s 3 pulled Wagner within two, 50-48, with 8:38 left. Quinnipiac answered with seven straight points. James Feldeine hit a jumper, tallied a steal and Dave Johnson hit a 3 to give the Bobcats a 55-48 lead with 7:43 remaining.
The Seahawks wouldn’t get any closer than four points the rest of the way.
Jeremy Baker added 12 points for Quinnipiac, which shot 33.3 percent (20 of 56).
Wagner, which shot 39.3 percent from the field (22 of 56), was paced by Mundweiler’s 10 points.
- Quinnipiac defeats Wagner 66-57
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?