Rider sneaks past Manhattan 74-71
LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J. (AP)—Junior Justin Robinson made two 3-pointers in the final 1:45 and made two foul shots with 9.5 seconds left to seal Rider’s 74-71 comeback win over Manhattan on Thursday night.
Robinson hit a 3 to give Rider a 67-66 lead and another to give Rider (12-11, 5-6 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) a 72-70 lead with 35 seconds left. He then hit two free throws for the final score, and finished with 16 points and five assists.
Robinson was 6-for-6 from the foul line for the Broncs and has made his last 21 free throw attempts.
Ryan Thompson had 25 points, nine rebounds and four assists for the Broncs. Novar Gadson, who finished with 13 points, made two foul shots with 1:09 remaining to give Rider a 69-68 lead.
Rico Pickett scored 32 points, 28 in the first half, for the Jaspers (7-14, 2-9). Pickett came in as the leading scorer in the MAAC at 17.2 points per game.
- Rider sneaks past Manhattan 74-71
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four