Middle Tennessee defeats New Orleans 66-46
MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (AP)—Rod Emanuel and Montarrio Haddock scored 14 points each to help Middle Tennessee defeat New Orleans 66-46 on Thursday night.
The Blue Raiders (12-10, 7-3 Sun Belt Conference) led by just one after Quincy Diggs’ layup with 2:16 pulled the Privateers within 25-24 with 2:16 left in the first half.
Montarrio Haddock had a tip-in with 1 second left in the first half to give Middle Tennessee a 32-24 halftime lead.
The Blue Raiders opened the second half with 13 straight points to lead 45-24 on James Washington’s 3-pointer with 13:49 to play.
Middle Tennessee scored 26 points off 24 turnovers, and shot 50 percent in the second half (13 of 26).
James Washington added 11 points in the Blue Raiders’ fourth-straight win.
Jaroslav Tyrna scored 13 points and Charles Carmouche added 12 for the Privateers (7-14, 2-8), who lost their third straight.
- Middle Tennessee defeats New Orleans 66-46
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense