Middle Tennessee defeats New Orleans 66-46
MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (AP)—Rod Emanuel and Montarrio Haddock scored 14 points each to help Middle Tennessee defeat New Orleans 66-46 on Thursday night.
The Blue Raiders (12-10, 7-3 Sun Belt Conference) led by just one after Quincy Diggs’ layup with 2:16 pulled the Privateers within 25-24 with 2:16 left in the first half.
Montarrio Haddock had a tip-in with 1 second left in the first half to give Middle Tennessee a 32-24 halftime lead.
The Blue Raiders opened the second half with 13 straight points to lead 45-24 on James Washington’s 3-pointer with 13:49 to play.
Middle Tennessee scored 26 points off 24 turnovers, and shot 50 percent in the second half (13 of 26).
James Washington added 11 points in the Blue Raiders’ fourth-straight win.
Jaroslav Tyrna scored 13 points and Charles Carmouche added 12 for the Privateers (7-14, 2-8), who lost their third straight.
- Rapper Drake shows off personalized Kentucky championship ring
- Judge to review surveillance video in Appling gun case
- Arkansas using overseas trip to help mesh overhauled roster
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout