Indiana State beats Southern Illinois 68-65
TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (AP)—Harry Marshall scored 13 points and tied his season-high of seven rebounds to lead Indiana State to a 68-65 win over Southern Illinois on Thursday night.
Marshall also went 7-for-8 from the free throw line as the Sycamores (12-9, 4-6 Missouri Valley) snapped a four-game slide.
The Sycamores went into the second half leading 32-26 and never lost the advantage. Rashad Reed helped out with 12 points and Carl Richard with 11.
The Salukis (12-8, 4-6) came within a point, 65-66, with 3.5 seconds left on a layup by Justin Bocot, who finished with 15 points.
But Indiana State’s Aaron Carter was fouled on the next play and made a pair of shots from the free-throw line to hang on to the win.
Southern Illinois’ Kevin Dillard led the game in scoring with 16 points. Gene Teague added 11 points and pulled down 13 rebounds, while Anthony Booker scored 10.
- A Final Four run hasn't changed Butler's approach to recruiting
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul
- Georgetown-Syracuse December game to honor Pearl Washington