Hopson leads Idaho over Fresno State 74-59
MOSCOW, Idaho (AP)—Mac Hopson scored 21 points to lead Idaho to a 74-59 victory against Fresno State on Thursday night.
Luiz Toledo had 16 points for the Vandals (9-10, 2-6 Western Athletic Conference), who snapped a six-game losing streak.
Sylvester Seay led the Bulldogs (11-11, 4-4) with 17 points, but had only five in the second half. Greg Smith added 12 points.
Hopson, who had eight points at halftime, started slowly in the second half, not making a field goal until hitting a 3-pointer with 8:02 remaining. That gave Idaho a 58-45 lead.
He then went on a tear, scoring three consecutive buckets for the Vandals, then making a floating layup to give the Vandals a 66-49 lead with 4:28 to play.
- Hopson leads Idaho over Fresno State 74-59
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise