Ball State hits 3s to hold off Buffalo 75-69
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP)—Jauwan Scaife scored 16 points and Randy Davis had 14, including a crucial 3-pointer, as Ball State defeated Buffalo 75-69 on Thursday night.
The Cardinals (10-9, 4-3 Mid-American Conference) were up 66-55 with 4:48 left when the Bulls (10-7, 3-3) used a 10-0 run to pull within a point with 1:46 remaining. Davis halted Buffalo’s run with a 3-pointer with 1:02 left and Ball State hit 6 of 8 free throws down the stretch to win its fourth game in five contests.
Davis was 4-for-4 and Scaife was 5-for-7 as the only 3-point shooters for the Cardinals. The Bulls hit only 4 of 25 3-point attempts. Ball State was 22-for-40 (55 percent) from the field while Buffalo was 29-for-79 (36.7 percent).
The Cardinals hit 22 of 31 free throw attempts.
Max Boudreau had 15 points and eight rebounds for the Bulls, who have lost three straight. Sean Smiley had 13 points on 5-for-18 shooting.
- Ball State hits 3s to hold off Buffalo 75-69
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four