Florida Gulf Coast beats Stetson 64-53
FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP)—Freshman Anthony Banks scored 21 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, notching his fourth double-double of the season in a 64-53 win over Stetson on Wednesday night.
Reed Baker added 19 points, including going 4-for-6 from behind the arc, for the Eagles (7-13, 4-7 Atlantic Sun Conference). Derrick O’Neil pulled down 10 boards to go along with seven points.
Baker hit every 3-pointer for the Eagles, who finished 4-for-10 (40 percent). The Hatters were just 2-for-12 from long range (16.7 percent).
The Eagles jumped out to a 7-1 lead in the first 3:34.
After Stetson cut the lead to two, the Eagles rattled off 10 straight points to take a 22-10 lead with 6:12 left in the first half. The Eagles took a 31-20 advantage at halftime and cruised from there.
Ridge Graham led the Hatters (5-14, 3-8) with 14 points, while A.J. Smith added 10 points.
- Oregon State slips past Southern Cal 49-44
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin