Wyoming defeats Utah 75-69
LARAMIE, Wyo. (AP)—Desmar Jackson scored 21 points as Wyoming rallied past Utah 75-69 in mountain West Conference play on Wednesday.
The Cowboys (9-11, 2-4) lost a 12-point lead in the second half and trailed by three with three minutes remaining, and went on to outscore Utah 11-2 down the stretch.
Wyoming went into the game as one of the top shooting teams in the nation in free throws made and free throws attempted, but were just 23 of 44 (52.3 percent) from the line in the game. The Cowboys, however, were 7 of 9 in the final 46-seconds to secure the win.
Carlon Brown came off the off the bench with a career-high 31 points for Utah (3-3, 10-10).
Leading 35-32 at halftime, Wyoming built its lead to 46-34 with 14 minutes to play, but Utah used a 9-0 run to get back in the game. Brown was the catalyst of the rally, scoring 22 points in the second half, including 11 of the team’s 14 points in one stretch.
- Isaiah Thomas says ‘goodbye’ to Washington, enters NBA draft
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- Arkansas using overseas trip to help mesh overhauled roster
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges