Texas Stat pulls away from UTSA for 76-62 win
SAN MARCOS, Texas (AP)—Cameron Johnson scored 22 points and had 10 rebounds and Texas State pulled away from UTSA late for a 76-62 victory Wednesday night.
Ryan White added 14 points and Emmanuel Bidias a Moute collected 15 rebounds for the Bobcats (10-10, 4-2 Southland), who never trailed.
Morris Smith IV scored 13 points and Omar Johnson had 12 for the Roadrunners (12-6, 2-3), who have lost three consecutive games for the first time since the end of the 2007-08 season.
Leading 59-56 with 8:23 to play, Texas State went on a 14-2 to put the game away.
The Bobcats scored 20 of the game’s first 24 points before the Roadrunners pulled to within 41-35 at halftime and within one three times in the second half.
Before the game, UTSA senior guard Chris Allen, who is averaging 3.5 points and 1.4 rebounds, was suspended indefinitely for violating team rules.
- Texas Stat pulls away from UTSA for 76-62 win
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?