Texas Stat pulls away from UTSA for 76-62 win
SAN MARCOS, Texas (AP)—Cameron Johnson scored 22 points and had 10 rebounds and Texas State pulled away from UTSA late for a 76-62 victory Wednesday night.
Ryan White added 14 points and Emmanuel Bidias a Moute collected 15 rebounds for the Bobcats (10-10, 4-2 Southland), who never trailed.
Morris Smith IV scored 13 points and Omar Johnson had 12 for the Roadrunners (12-6, 2-3), who have lost three consecutive games for the first time since the end of the 2007-08 season.
Leading 59-56 with 8:23 to play, Texas State went on a 14-2 to put the game away.
The Bobcats scored 20 of the game’s first 24 points before the Roadrunners pulled to within 41-35 at halftime and within one three times in the second half.
Before the game, UTSA senior guard Chris Allen, who is averaging 3.5 points and 1.4 rebounds, was suspended indefinitely for violating team rules.
- Bearcats coach Mick Cronin: Nothing to see here
- UNC: Pinson out indefinitely with broken bone in right foot
- South Carolina freshman Felder arrested, jailed for assault
- Florida freshman Bassett to miss season with stress fracture
- Izzo isn't sure what to expect from new-look Michigan State
- Eustachy to remain with Colorado St. through 2020-21 season