Binghamton defeats Maryland-Baltimore County 80-63
BALTIMORE (AP)—Dylan Talley scored 22 points to lead four Binghamton players in double figures as the Bearcats defeated Maryland-Baltimore County 80-63 on Wednesday night.
Binghamton (9-13, 4-3 America East Conference), which entered the game averaging 59.0 points per game, had a season-high point total in winning its second straight game. The Bearcats also snapped a five-game losing streak to the Retrievers in Baltimore while sending UMBC (1-20, 0-8) to its 11th loss in a row.
Moussa Camara and Greer Wright scored 17 points each and Mahamoud Jabbi had 10 points and a season-high 13 rebounds for the Bearcats, who outrebounded the Retrievers 39-27.
UMBC shot 27-for-57 from the floor (47.4 percent) compared to 27-for-58 shooting (46.6 percent) for Binghamton. But the Bearcats were 21-for-25 from the free throw line to the Retrievers’ 6-for-12.
Chauncey Gilliam led UMBC with 18 points.
- A gift idea for Kentucky fans: the John Wall windshield wiper
- Judge to review surveillance video in Appling gun case
- Arkansas using overseas trip to help mesh overhauled roster
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout