Murray leads La Salle over Fordham 80-73
NEW YORK (AP)—Aaric Murray scored 24 points and Rodney Green scored 14 of his 16 in the second half as La Salle defeated Fordham 80-73 on Wednesday night after trailing by three at halftime.
The Explorers (11-9, 3-3 Atlantic 10 Conference) made 17 of 25 shots in the second half (68 percent) to 35.3 percent (12 of 34) for the Rams.
La Salle led 74-64 with 4:01 remaining but the Rams (2-17, 0-7) trimmed it to three points, 76-73, with 1:35 left. Two free throws by Parrish Grant and two more by Yves Mekongo restored La Salle’s margin to seven.
Jerrell Williams scored 12 of his 19 points for La Salle after halftime, including eight in the first 5:49, when the Explorers took a 53-46 lead after Fordham led 38-35 at the half.
Chris Gaston led the Rams with 21 points and 15 rebounds, the freshman’s 12th double-double this season.
- Murray leads La Salle over Fordham 80-73
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Oregon team breakdown
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown