Murray leads La Salle over Fordham 80-73
NEW YORK (AP)—Aaric Murray scored 24 points and Rodney Green scored 14 of his 16 in the second half as La Salle defeated Fordham 80-73 on Wednesday night after trailing by three at halftime.
The Explorers (11-9, 3-3 Atlantic 10 Conference) made 17 of 25 shots in the second half (68 percent) to 35.3 percent (12 of 34) for the Rams.
La Salle led 74-64 with 4:01 remaining but the Rams (2-17, 0-7) trimmed it to three points, 76-73, with 1:35 left. Two free throws by Parrish Grant and two more by Yves Mekongo restored La Salle’s margin to seven.
Jerrell Williams scored 12 of his 19 points for La Salle after halftime, including eight in the first 5:49, when the Explorers took a 53-46 lead after Fordham led 38-35 at the half.
Chris Gaston led the Rams with 21 points and 15 rebounds, the freshman’s 12th double-double this season.
- Lute Olson's retirement, explained
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims