Thomas, Bowling Green edge Eastern Michigan 64-61
YPSILANTI, Mich. (AP)—Scott Thomas scored 18 points and hit back-to-back 3-pointers late in the game that propelled Bowling Green to a 64-61 victory over Eastern Michigan on Wednesday night.
Thomas also blocked a potential game-tying shot on Eastern Michigan’s last possession to preserve the win for the Falcons (10-8, 3-3 Mid-American). Jordon Crawford, Erik Marschall and Otis Polk 10 points apiece.
Justin Dobbins went 7 of 8 from the floor and led the Eagles (10-9, 2-4) with 17 points. Carlos Medlock added 16.
Eastern Michigan led all the way until Marschall’s layup trimmed it to 53-52 with 4:23 remaining. That’s when Thomas sank his game-turning 3-pointers, putting Bowling Green ahead 58-53 with 2:02 left.
The Eagles had one last chance when Medlock hit two free throws with seven seconds left to cut it to 64-61. The Eagles got the ball back, but Thomas blocked Medlock’s shot to clinch it.
- Needles make Derrick Rose cry
- Tar Heels ready for Final Four push after title-game loss
- Freshman class makes Duke a title favorite once again
- Police: South Carolina guard Felder kicked officers
- Clemson looking to end NCAA Tournament drought this season
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner