Thomas, Bowling Green edge Eastern Michigan 64-61
YPSILANTI, Mich. (AP)—Scott Thomas scored 18 points and hit back-to-back 3-pointers late in the game that propelled Bowling Green to a 64-61 victory over Eastern Michigan on Wednesday night.
Thomas also blocked a potential game-tying shot on Eastern Michigan’s last possession to preserve the win for the Falcons (10-8, 3-3 Mid-American). Jordon Crawford, Erik Marschall and Otis Polk 10 points apiece.
Justin Dobbins went 7 of 8 from the floor and led the Eagles (10-9, 2-4) with 17 points. Carlos Medlock added 16.
Eastern Michigan led all the way until Marschall’s layup trimmed it to 53-52 with 4:23 remaining. That’s when Thomas sank his game-turning 3-pointers, putting Bowling Green ahead 58-53 with 2:02 left.
The Eagles had one last chance when Medlock hit two free throws with seven seconds left to cut it to 64-61. The Eagles got the ball back, but Thomas blocked Medlock’s shot to clinch it.
- Thomas, Bowling Green edge Eastern Michigan 64-61
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina