Boon, Muscala lead Bucknell past Lehigh 81-75, OT
LEWISBURG, Pa. (AP)—G.W. Boon scored 18 points and Mike Muscala had a double-double to lead Bucknell to an 81-75 win in overtime over Lehigh on Wednesday night.
Muscala, who finished with 16 points and 10 rebounds, including four offensive boards, sent the game into overtime with two free throws for the Bison (8-14, 3-3 Patriot League). Patrick Behan had 14 points and Darryl Shazier added 13 points and seven assists.
Bucknell took a 70-69 lead in overtime on a 3-pointer by Boon, who went 7-for-14 from the floor and 3-for-7 from beyond the arc. The Bison pushed their lead to four with 31 seconds to play.
A 3-pointer by Marquis Hall cut Bucknell’s margin to one with 19 seconds left, but the Mountain Hawks (13-8, 4-2) would not score the rest of the way. Shazier and Muscala each hit two free throws to help the Bison pull away.
Hall led Lehigh with 21 points and C.J. McCollum added 20.
- Boon, Muscala lead Bucknell past Lehigh 81-75, OT
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four