Lawson Jr. hits 16 as Creighton tops Bradley 73-68
PEORIA, Ill. (AP)—Kenny Lawson Jr. scored 16 points and Creighton never trailed in a 73-68 victory over Bradley on Wednesday night.
Josh Jones added 13 points, Darryl Ashford 12 and Justin Carter 11 for the balanced Bluejays (11-10, 6-4 Missouri Valley), who outscored Bradley 27-7 off the bench.
Taylor Brown led the Braves (10-10, 5-5) with a double-double of 19 points and 12 rebounds. Andrew Warren scored 13, Sam Maniscalco 11 and Will Egolf 10.
Bradley trailed 38-36 at the break and finally tied it at 41. But 3-pointers by Ashford, Antoine Young and Jones sent Creighton to a 52-45 lead with 13:38 left.
Trailing 69-62, the Braves ran off six in a row to cut it to 69-68. But Lawson hit two more free throws, and Carter iced it with two more foul shots with 6 seconds to go.
Bradley scored only one point in the final 3:56.
- Lawson Jr. hits 16 as Creighton tops Bradley 73-68
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot