Jackson State defeats Alcorn State 63-51
LORMAN, Miss. (AP)—De’Suan Dixon and Garrison Jackson scored 15 points each as Jackson State defeated Alcorn State 63-51 on Wednesday night.
Cason Burk added 13 points and 17 rebounds and Gertavin Blake had 10 points and 14 rebounds for Jackson State (8-11, 6-1 Southwestern Athletic Conference), which won for the second time in three games.
The Tigers opened the second half on a 9-3 run to turn a six-point lead into a 40-28 advantage with 16 minutes remaining. Jackson State pushed its lead to 52-38 on Dixon’s 3-pointer with 8:18 left.
Jackson State, which outrebounded Alcorn State 57-32, then scored eight of the next 10 points for a 60-40 advantage with 5:38 remaining.
Rod Melvin had 10 assists for Jackson State.
Jonathan Boyd scored 15 points, Keith Searcy added 11 and JaMarkus Holt had 10 points for Alcorn State (0-21, 0-8), which shot 30.6 percent from the field (15-for-49).
- Whatever happened to Harold Miner, the original 'Baby Jordan'?
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims