Jackson State defeats Alcorn State 63-51
LORMAN, Miss. (AP)—De’Suan Dixon and Garrison Jackson scored 15 points each as Jackson State defeated Alcorn State 63-51 on Wednesday night.
Cason Burk added 13 points and 17 rebounds and Gertavin Blake had 10 points and 14 rebounds for Jackson State (8-11, 6-1 Southwestern Athletic Conference), which won for the second time in three games.
The Tigers opened the second half on a 9-3 run to turn a six-point lead into a 40-28 advantage with 16 minutes remaining. Jackson State pushed its lead to 52-38 on Dixon’s 3-pointer with 8:18 left.
Jackson State, which outrebounded Alcorn State 57-32, then scored eight of the next 10 points for a 60-40 advantage with 5:38 remaining.
Rod Melvin had 10 assists for Jackson State.
Jonathan Boyd scored 15 points, Keith Searcy added 11 and JaMarkus Holt had 10 points for Alcorn State (0-21, 0-8), which shot 30.6 percent from the field (15-for-49).
- Jackson State defeats Alcorn State 63-51
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook