Kent State rolls past Toledo 69-49
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP)—Justin Greene and Tyree Evans scored 14 points each to lead Kent State to a 69-49 victory over Toledo on Tuesday night.
The Golden Flashes (13-7, 4-2 Mid-American Conference) shot 50 percent from the field (26-for-52) and hit eight 3-pointers to win their third consecutive game.
Kent State led 24-21 when it went on a 20-0 run that spanned both halves.
The Golden Flashes finished the first half on an 8-0 streak and then opened the second half with a 12-0 surge that increased the advantage to 44-21 with 16:36 to play.
Greene, who also had eight rebounds, scored nine of Kent State’s 20 points and Toledo (3-17, 0-6) was scoreless for 7:05 during the run.
Kent State outrebounded Toledo, which has lost 11 straight games, 31-21.
Jake Barnett scored 15 points to lead Toledo, which shot 33.3 percent from the field (8-for-24) in the first half.
- What's so damn funny, Dusty Mills?
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56