North Dakota State rallies to defeat UMKC 73-69
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP)—Josh Vaughan finished with 19 points and eight rebounds and North Dakota State rallied in the second half to defeat UMKC 73-69 Tuesday night.
Michael Tveidt added 18 points and Eric Carlson 13 for the Bison (7-12, 4-5 Summit), who trailed by 12 at halftime.
Trey McKinney-Jones led the Kangaroos (9-11, 3-6) with 18 points, and Jay Couisnard had 15.
North Dakota State scored 23 points off 18 UMKC turnovers and rallied by shooting 64 percent in the second half after making only 32 percent of its shots before halftime.
The Bison used a 14-2 run midway through the second half to take a 55-52 lead—their first since 20-18—and led the rest of the way. A 3-pointer by Vaughan started the rally, and Tveidt hit consecutive 3s to cap it.
The Kangaroos ended the first half with an 18-4 run to take a 36-24 lead into halftime.
- North Dakota State rallies to defeat UMKC 73-69
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0