Texas Southern edges Arkansas-Pine Bluff 70-67
HOUSTON (AP)—Deandre Hall scored 21 points and Travele Jones added 18 as Texas Southern got past Arkansas-Pine Bluff 70-67 Monday night.
Junior Treasure had 11 points for the Tigers (10-9), who at 6-1 are in sole possession of first place in the Southwestern Athletic Conference, half a game ahead of Jackson State.
Tavaris Washington finished with 15 points and 12 rebounds for the Golden Lions (5-13, 5-2) while Terrance Calvin scored a team-high 17 points. Pine Bluff lost for the first time in four games.
Texas Southern outshot Pine Bluff 47.2 percent-32.3 percent, but the Lions kept the game close by outrebounding the Tigers 50-32 and hitting 25-of-39 free throws. Texas Southern was 17 of 30 from the line.
- Apparent prank sends Arizona State fans to nudist website
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- Arkansas using overseas trip to help mesh overhauled roster
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges