Howard holds off Bethune-Cookman 67-64
WASHINGTON (AP)—Dadrian Collins scored 18 points, including sinking four 3-pointers, to help Howard hold off Bethune-Cookman 67-64 on Monday night.
Howard opened the game on a 7-0 run and led by 21 points at halftime, but CJ Reed hit a pair of foul shots to pull the Wildcats within 64-61 with 7 seconds left. But the Bison, who never trailed in the game, went 3-for-4 from the free throw line down the stretch to seal it.
Howard sank 25 of 35 free throws (71.4 percent) while the Wildcats were just 8 of 15 from the stripe (53.3 percent).
Calvin Thompson added 13 points and Curtis White had 10 for the Bison (6-15, 5-2 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), who have won four of five to pull even with Bethune-Cookman in second place in the MEAC.
Reed scored 20 points to lead the Wildcats (12-8, 5-2), while Javoris Bryant and Jarrell Thomas added 13 points apiece.
- Harris, Vols hold off Arkansas, 74-68
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner
- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim has a sudden wealth of depth
- NCAA accuses Louisville, Pitino of violations in escort case
- Arizona adds to 2017 class with Lee's commitment
- Two conferences to experiment with restricted arc appeals