Howard holds off Bethune-Cookman 67-64
WASHINGTON (AP)—Dadrian Collins scored 18 points, including sinking four 3-pointers, to help Howard hold off Bethune-Cookman 67-64 on Monday night.
Howard opened the game on a 7-0 run and led by 21 points at halftime, but CJ Reed hit a pair of foul shots to pull the Wildcats within 64-61 with 7 seconds left. But the Bison, who never trailed in the game, went 3-for-4 from the free throw line down the stretch to seal it.
Howard sank 25 of 35 free throws (71.4 percent) while the Wildcats were just 8 of 15 from the stripe (53.3 percent).
Calvin Thompson added 13 points and Curtis White had 10 for the Bison (6-15, 5-2 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), who have won four of five to pull even with Bethune-Cookman in second place in the MEAC.
Reed scored 20 points to lead the Wildcats (12-8, 5-2), while Javoris Bryant and Jarrell Thomas added 13 points apiece.
- UNC recruit P.J. Hairston: Duke couldn’t ‘spell my name right’
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56