Alabama State defeats Southern University 77-60
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP)—Menji Mundadi scored a career-high 29 points to lead Alabama State in a 77-60 victory over Southern University on Monday night.
Mundadi shot 7-for-14 from 3-point range for the Hornets (8-10, 5-2 Southwestern Athletic Conference), who have now won four games in a row. Tramayne Moorer added 22 points.
Alabama State ended the first half with a 14-2 run to take a 42-23 halftime lead. The Hornets maintained their lead, and would lead by as many as 26 points, after a 3-pointer from Mendadi made the score 57-31 with 14:52 remaining.
The Jaguars (3-17, 1-7) were led by Julius Ingram and Doug Scott, who scored 18 points each. Southern has now lost five straight games.
Alabama State shot 47.6 percent from 3-point range (10-for-21), while the Jaguars were only 27.3 percent from beyond the arc (3-for-11).
- Xavier suspends top big man Kenny Frease indefinitely
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims