Furman outlasts Samford 63-58
GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP)—Darryl Evans scored 18 points and Bryson Barnes added 11, leading Furman past Samford 63-58 on Monday night.
Evans was a perfect 4-for-4 from beyond the arc and all three of Justin Dehm’s field goals were 3-pointers for the Paladins, who finished 8-for-15 from long range (53.3 percent).
The Bulldogs were just 6-for-21 from 3-point range (28.6 percent).
In a back and forth game, Josh Davis had a layup to put Samford up 46-44 with 10:44 to play. But Dehm hit all his 3-pointers in a 14-4 Furman run that made the difference, and the Paladins held on despite hitting just one field goal in the last 4 minutes.
Furman (10-10, 4-5 Southern Conference) outscored Samford by one at the break and 32-28 in the second half.
Bryan Friday scored 16 points to lead the Bulldogs (9-11, 3-5), while Trey Montgomery had 13 and Josh Davis added 12.
- Furman outlasts Samford 63-58
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0