Binghamton knocks off Vermont 73-67
VESTAL, N.Y. (AP)—Greer Wright scored 30 points and had 10 rebounds to lead Binghamton to a 73-67 victory over Vermont on Sunday.
Wright was 10-for-15 from the field and the Bearcats (8-13, 3-3 America East Conference) were 10-for-12 from the line in the final 1:33 to defeat Vermont (14-7, 5-2) for the third straight time.
Mahamoud Jabbi added 14 points, 10 rebounds and four blocks for Binghamton. He was 4-for-4 from the line in the final 1:06 and had two blocks in the last 5 seconds.
The Bearcats were 19-for-25 from the line in the second half after going 5-for-10 in the first half.
Binghamton took a 28-20 halftime lead as Vermont shot 26.1 percent from the field (6-for-23) in the first half.
Moussa Camara added 14 points for Binghamton.
Maurice Joseph scored 29 points, Marqus Blakely had 14 points and 12 rebounds, and Joey Accaoui added 11 for Vermont.
- Video of marriage proposal gone wrong at UCLA basketball game
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions