Kennesaw State defeats Stetson 75-59
DELAND, Fla. (AP)—Markeith Cummings scored 19 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to lead Kennesaw State to a 75-59 win over Stetson on Sunday.
Cummings connected on 6 of 12 from the field as the Owls (8-12, 3-6 Atlantic Sun Conference) shot 53.2 percent (25 of 47).
Kurtis Woods added 13 points for Kennesaw State and LaDaris Green and Jon-Michael Nickerson chipped in 11 each.
Two 3-pointers by Cummings and a three-point play by Kelvin McConnell gave the Owls a 24-13 lead with 9:38 left in the first half.
The Hatters cut it to 24-19 on back-to-back 3’s by A.J. Smith and Mark Lohuis. But Stetson wouldn’t get within single digits the rest of the way, as Kennesaw State scored seven straight.
Smith finished with 17 points and Ridge Graham added 15 points for the Hatters (5-13, 3-7).
- Louisville dominates Arizona in 103-64 victory
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case