Boston U. beats Maryland-Baltimore County 79-61
BALTIMORE (AP)—John Holland had 25 points and 12 rebounds to lead Boston University to a 79-61 victory over Maryland-Baltimore County 79-61 on Sunday.
Jake O’Brien added 18 points as Boston U. (11-9, 6-2 America East Conference) won for the sixth time in seven games by defeating UMBC for the second time this season. The Terriers beat the Retrievers 75-63 on Jan. 12.
Boston U. took a 30-19 lead on Carlos Strong’s 3-pointer with 2:54 left in the first half and Strong hit another 3 for a 35-23 advantage with 1:18 remaining.
Holland made a 3-pointer to push the lead to 40-23 with 19:45 to play in the game.
Holland was 5-for-6 on 3-point attempts to help the Terriers shoot 47.8 from beyond the arc (11-for-23).
Strong finished with 13 points and Corey Lowe added 10 for Boston U.
Chris De La Rosa scored 18 and Chauncey Gilliam added 10 for UMBC (1-19, 0-7).
- Boston U. beats Maryland-Baltimore County 79-61
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy