Campbell beats Lipscomb 86-82
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Jonathan Rodriguez scored 26 points to lead Campbell to an 86-82 win over Lipscomb on Saturday.
Miles Taylor added 14 points for the Camels (12-6, 7-2 Atlantic Sun Conference), and Junard Hartley dished out 12 assists. Campbell has now won four of their last five games.
A layup from Lipscomb’s Adnan Hodzic cut the Camels’ lead to 82-79 with 12 seconds remaining. Rodriguez then made two free throws to push Campbell’s lead back to five, but Brian Wright nailed a 3-pointer for the Bisons to pull them within 84-82 with 4 seconds left. Hartley then drilled two free throws with 3 seconds remaining to secure the win.
Hodzic and Josh Slater scored 26 points each to lead the Bisons (9-10, 6-4). Jordan Burgason added 19 points in the loss.
Campbell outrebounded Lipscomb 34-17 while shooting 51.1 percent from the field (24-for-47).
- Campbell beats Lipscomb 86-82
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four