McNeese St. 68, Cent. Arkansas 53
CONWAY, Ark. (AP)—Patrick Richard scored 17 points to lead McNeese State past Central Arkansas 68-53 on Saturday.
Diego Kapelan added 16 points and Stephan Martin 11 for the Cowboys (7-11, 2-2 Southland). P.J. Alawoya was a defensive force with nine rebounds and four blocked shots.
Chris Poellnitz and Imad Qahwash led the Bears (7-12, 1-4) with 13 points each. Mitch Rueter added 12. Tadre Sheppard had eight rebounds, five blocks and five steals.
McNeese State scored the game’s first nine points. Central Arkansas did not get on the board until Qahwash sank a free throw after 5:03 had been played. McNeese State led 34-21 at intermission.
The Cowboys enjoyed their biggest lead with 16:47 left after Alawoya’s basket made it 43-21. Central Arkansas completed an 11-2 run when Poellnitz scored to trim the deficit to 55-49 with 4:45 left. But McNeese State ended the game on a 13-4 roll.
- Montana State knocks off Weber State 79-74
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69