Sacred Heart routs Bryant 84-60
FAIRFIELD, Conn. (AP)—Corey Hassan scored 26 points and Sacred Heart beat Bryant 84-60 on Saturday.
Hassan, who was 5-for-9 from 3-point range, needs only four more points to reach the 1,000-point mark at Sacred Heart. Ryan Litke added 21 points for the Pioneers (12-7, 5-3 Northeast Conference), who won their second game in a row.
Bryant (0-20, 0-8) lost its 22nd game in a row.
The Pioneers never trailed and led 45-29 at halftime. They used a 20-5 run to open the second half and grabbed their largest lead at 65-34 after a 3-pointer by Hassan with 12:52 to play. The Pioneers led by at least 21 points the rest of the game.
Strong shooting and good defense made the difference for the Pioneers, who shot 57.1 percent from the field (32-for-56). Sacred Heart got 24 points off 16 Bryant turnovers and had 12 steals.
Vlad Kondratyev had 20 points and Adam Parzych added 16 for the Bulldogs.
- Sacred Heart routs Bryant 84-60
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four