VMI defeats High Point 94-91
HIGH POINT, N.C. (AP)—Stan Okoye scored 24 points and led four other players in double-figure scoring as Virginia Military Institute defeated High Point 94-91 on Saturday night.
Austin Kenon added 20 points for the Keydets (6-12, 2-7 Big South Conference), who snapped a three-game losing streak. Ron Burks scored 19, Keith Gabriel had 13 and Adam Lonon scored 10.
Nick Barbour scored 21 to lead the Panthers (10-9, 5-4), who have lost three of their past four games. Eugene Harris scored 18 points in the loss, while Corey Law added a double-double with 13 points and 15 rebounds.
VMI shot 46.4 percent from the field (32-for-69) and 36 percent from 3-point range (9-for-25).
The Keydets committed 20 turnovers, but scored 22 points off of the Panthers’ 14 turnovers.
High Point shot 42.5 percent from the field (34-for-80).
- VMI defeats High Point 94-91
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four