Western Michigan routs Toledo 73-41
KALAMAZOO, Mich. (AP)—Nate Hutcheson scored 15 points and Western Michigan opened up a big lead early in the game and coasted to a 73-41 victory over Toledo on Saturday.
Flenard Whitfield scored all 11 of his points in the first half, nearly matching Toledo’s total as the Broncos (11-7, 3-2 Mid-American) led 42-15 at halftime.
The Rockets (3-16, 0-5) scored the first basket of the game, but Western Michigan scored the next 10 points and then led 20-6. It was later 31-11 and the 27-point lead at the break matched the half’s biggest.
David Kool had 10 points and eight rebounds for the Broncos, who outrebounded Toledo 44-25 and led by 34 points with three minutes to play. No one played more than 20 minutes in the game for Western Michigan.
Justin Anyijong led Toledo with 11 points and Josh Freelove had 10.
- Chicago State holds off Idaho for 57-55 win
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win