Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 66, Texas-San Antonio 62
SAN ANTONIO (AP)—Kevin Palmer scored 18 points to help lead Texas A&M-Corpus Christi to victory over UTSA 66-62 in overtime in Southland Conference play Saturday night.
With 12:01 left in the game the Islanders (10-8, 5-0) trailed 41-38. They would go on a 14-2 run to take a 52-43 lead with just 4:58 left. With just 20-seconds left in regulation Morris Smith IV hit a game-tying 3-pointer to send the game into overtime at 58-58. In overtime Smith missed a 3-pointer with just 3-seconds left to tie the game.
Watt Demond went for 15 points and recorded three blocks for the Islanders.
Smith led the Roadrunners (12-5, 2-2) with 19 points. Devin Gibson filled the stat sheet recording 10 points, nine assists, eight rebounds and four steals.
The Islanders, who trailed at half 26-23, committed 14 turnovers in the first half but just five the rest of the game.
- Miami stays unbeaten in 70-41 rout over SC-Upstate
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality