Johnson lifts Louisiana-Lafayette past Troy 69-54
LAFAYETTE, La. (AP)—Tyren Johnson scored 21 points and grabbed nine rebounds as Louisiana-Lafayette defeated Troy 69-54 on Saturday night for its fourth win in five games.
The Ragin’ Cajuns (8-11, 5-3 Sun Belt Conference) shot 50 percent (15-for-30) in the first half to take a 37-25 lead and never led by less than seven points in the second half.
They held Brandon Hazzard of the Trojans (10-10, 5-4), who came in as the Sun Belt’s leading scorer at 18.3 points per game, to two points on 1-for-8 shooting.
Chris Gradnigo added 17 points for Louisiana-Lafayette, which finished 48.1 percent (26-for-54) from the field to Troy’s 35.7 percent (20-for-56) and also outshot the Trojans from the free throw line, 73.3 percent (11-for-15) to 37.5 percent (6-for-16).
Richard Delk, with 19 points, was the only Troy player to score in double figures.
- Rayvonte Rice is transferring to Illinois, so what happens to his Drake tattoos?
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- Monmouth (NJ) cruises to 91-67 win over Fairfield
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team