Stephen F. Austin beats SE Louisiana 62-51
NACOGDOCHES, Texas (AP)—Walt Harris scored 18 points and Jereal Scott added 12 to lead Stephen F. Austin to a 62-51 victory against Southeastern Louisiana on Saturday night.
Jordan Glynn had six points and 12 rebounds for the Lumberjacks (13-5, 3-2 Southland).
Patrick Sullivan had 20 points and Rodney Jones 10 for Southeastern Louisiana (10-8, 2-3).
Stephen F. Austin won the rebounding battle 36-19, had a 28-12 edge in points in the paint and 18-2 advantage in second-chance points.
The Lumberjacks took control as the Lions suffered a 5:41 scoring drought in the second half. Eddie Williams had four of Stephen F. Austin’s eight points during the stretch, which gave it a 56-45 lead with less than six minutes remaining.
- Ex-Duke star Christian Laettner is searching for a coaching gig
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan
- Alabama AD completes cancer treatment, cleared to go home