Liberty edges Radford 60-55
RADFORD, Va. (AP)—Evan Gordon and Jesse Sanders scored 16 points each as Liberty knocked off Radford 60-55 on Saturday.
The Flames (10-11, 5-4 Big South Conference) took a lead with 9:29 left in the game and didn’t relinquish it to snap a two-game skid, despite 26 points and 15 rebounds from Radford’s Art Parakhouski.
Liberty took a 42-41 lead on Chris Perez’s layup and increased it to 47-41 on Gordon’s layup with 7:04 to play.
Radford (10-8, 6-3) cut the lead to 49-47 on Blake Smith’s jumper with 4:12 left, but Carter McMasters dunked to push the lead to 51-47 with 3:31 to play.
The Highlanders cut the lead to 58-55 on Parakhouski’s three-point play with 21 seconds remaining, but Jeremy Anderson hit two free throws for a 60-55 advantage with 15 seconds left.
Radford shot 36 percent in the second half (9-for-25) and was 1-for-22 from the 3-point line (4.5 percent).
- Liberty edges Radford 60-55
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2