Arkansas-Pine Bluff wins 62-54
PRAIRIE VIEW, Texas (AP)—Tavaris Washington scored 13 points and Arkansas-Pine Bluff defeated Prairie View A&M, 62-54, in Southwestern Athletic Conference play on Saturday night.
Washington was 6 of 7 from the field and set the tone early in the game with a dunk to put the Golden Lions (5-12, 5-1) up 2-0 and start a 7-0 run.
The Panthers (9-8, 4-2) would tie the game at 28-28 at the half. With the score 39-36 the Golden Lions would go on a 13-4 run and go ahead 52-40 with 7:41 left to play. This lead was never threatened the rest of the way.
Darnell Hugee led the Panthers with a game-high 20 points and 11 rebounds. Tim Meadows added 11 points and six rebounds.
The Panthers grabbed 37 rebounds including 14 offensive boards, to the Golden Lions 28 and just 4 offensive boards. The Panthers down fall was from 3-point range where they only managed to shoot 2 of 13 (15.4 percent).
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff wins 62-54
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four