Samford coach collapses in win over UNC-Greensboro
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—Samford men’s basketball coach Jimmy Tillette was admitted to a hospital after collapsing during the second half of the Bulldogs’ 70-67 victory over North Carolina-Greensboro on Saturday.
Samford assistant sports information director Zac Schrieber said the 59-year-old Tillette is awake and responsive after he was taken to Moses Cone Hospital, where he will undergo tests.
Schrieber said Tillette “froze up and fell down on the bench and then to the floor” before trainers rushed to him to begin treatment. Tillette was taken to a training room until an ambulance arrived.
Trey Montgomery scored 18 points, including two free throws in the final 15 seconds, for Samford (9-10, 3-4 Southern Conference).
Ben Stywall led UNC-Greensboro (4-16, 3-6) with 26 points and 19 rebounds.
- Samford coach collapses in win over UNC-Greensboro
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- Arizona team breakdown