Miami (Ohio) defeats Bowling Green 64-52
OXFORD, Ohio (AP)—Kenny Hayes scored 17 points to lead Miami (Ohio) to a 64-52 win over Bowling Green on Saturday.
Nick Winbush chipped in with 13 points for the RedHawks (6-12, 3-2 Mid-American Conference), while Julian Mayunga added 11 points and 11 rebounds. Miami has won three of its past four games.
A 3-pointer from Winbush capped a 10-0 run for the RedHawks, giving them a 46-36 lead with 7:46 remaining in the second half. The Falcons (9-8, 2-3) would get no closer than within seven points the rest of the way, as Miami shot 66.7 percent from the field in the second half (12-for-18).
Dee Brown paced Bowling Green with 17 points.
The RedHawks outrebounded the Falcons 32-24, and shot 50 percent from 3-point range (7-for-14). Miami also blocked seven shots and forced Bowling Green to shoot 40 percent from the field (18-for-45).
- Miami (Ohio) defeats Bowling Green 64-52
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2