Rybak sparks Texas State to 97-92 overtime victory
BEAUMONT, Texas (AP)—John Rybak came up with two key steals and six of his eight points in the overtime period Saturday, helping Texas State defeat Lamar 97-92.
The back-to-back steals led to three points for Texas State (9-10, 3-2 Southland), putting the Bobcats up 92-87 with 1:16 left in overtime. After Lamar (10-10, 2-3) cut it to 92-90 on a layup by Kendrick Harris with 17 seconds remaining, Rybak hit four straight free throws to seal the victory.
Cameron Johnson led six Texas State players in double figures with 24 points and 15 rebounds. He hit 1 of 2 free throws with 7 seconds remaining in regulation to send the game to overtime.
John Bowman added 15 points for the Bobcats, while A’Moute Bidias had 10 points and 17 rebounds.
Harris had 22 points and Anthony Miles 21 for Lamar. Justin Nabors added 18 points and 10 rebounds, and Lawrence Nwevo had 15 points and 12 rebounds.
- ACC Preview: Ranking next year’s 15 best non-league games
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case