Parsons hits 3 at buzzer to beat South Carolina
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP)—Chandler Parsons hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer, his second game-winning shot in three weeks, and Florida beat South Carolina 58-56 Saturday night.
Parsons finished with 10 points, 10 rebounds and four assists. He missed his first three 3s, but hit the only one that mattered.
Devan Downey led the Gamecocks (11-8, 2-3 Southeastern Conference) with 36 points, one shy of his career high. Downey spun out of a double team and hit a short jumper to put South Carolina ahead 56-55 with 5.1 seconds remaining.
Erving Walker dribbled to the foul line and hit Parsons with a perfect pass. Parsons got both feet under him and stroked the 3 from the left wing. He ran across the court and got mobbed by his teammates. A similar celebration unfolded Jan. 3 at North Carolina State, when Parsons hit a 75-footer at the buzzer to lift Florida (14-5, 3-2) to a 62-61 victory.
- Lafayette defeats Lehigh 90-75
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin