Fairleigh Dickinson defeats St. Francis 78-75
HACKENSACK, N.J. (AP)—Mike Scott scored 20 points and dished out nine assists to lead Fairleigh Dickinson to a 78-75 victory over St. Francis (Pa.) on Saturday night.
Sean Baptiste added 19 points for the Knights (5-15, 4-4 Northeast Conference), who snapped a three-game losing streak with the win.
Fairleigh Dickinson held a 76-73 lead after Scott made a pair of free throws with 21 seconds left. St. Francis’ Will Felder responded with a short jumper that cut the Knights’ lead to one, and Scott was fouled again immediately.
With 6 seconds remaining, Scott nailed both free throws, making the score 78-75. St. Francis had one last chance to tie the score, but Sorena Orandi’s 3-point shot was released after the final buzzer sounded, giving Fairleigh Dickinson the three-point victory.
Devin Sweetney scored 19 points to lead the Red Flash (5-14, 3-5), who are now 0-10 on the road. Felder added 17 points.
- Fairleigh Dickinson defeats St. Francis 78-75
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four