Denver defeats South Alabama, 71-48
DENVER (AP)—Andrew hooper made 4 of 6 from 3-point range as Denver defeated South Alabama 71-48 in Sun Belt Conference play on Saturday.
As a team the Pioneers (13-7, 6-3) made 14 of 28 (50.0 percent) from 3. The Jaguars (12-9, 4-5) made just 1 of 8 (12.5 percent) from 3.
The Pioneers bench outscored the Jaguars bench 34-2. Hooper had 15 points as a reserve.
Martino Brock had a game-high 18 points and seven rebounds for the Jaguars. Tim Williams added 14 points and eight rebounds.
Denver carried a 29-20 lead into the half and extended it to 35-20 with two consecutive made 3’s out of halftime.
Denver made more 3-pointers (14) than 2-point shots (9)and managed to shoot 52.1 percent from the field. The Pioneers turned the ball over only four times in the game. This win snaps a two-game conference losing streak for Denver, who is currently tied for second in the Sun Belt.
- Dayton routs Massachusetts 78-50 in 1st round
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry