Wis-Milwaukee beats Youngstown St 69-59
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (AP)—Ricky Franklin scored 21 points, including sinking four 3-pointers, as Wisconsin-Milwaukee beat Youngstown State 69-59 on Friday night.
Anthony Hill added 16 points for the Panthers (12-8, 4-4 Horizon League), who have won back to back games and four of their last five.
Franklin’s 4-for-11 performance from 3-point range helped the Panthers finish 6-for-19 (31.6 percent), while the Penguins were just 7-for-27 (25.9 percent).
The game was close for the first 10 minutes, but after Kelvin Bright’s dunk pulled Youngstown State even at 13-all, the Panthers broke the game open. Franklin hit two 3-pointers and a jumper for the Panthers, sparking an 18-7 run for an eight point halftime lead.
The Panthers led the rest of the way.
Sirlester Martin and Vytas Sulskis scored 11 points apiece for the Penguins (7-11, 2-7), who have lost three straight.
- Ex-UNLV and NBA star Armen Gilliam died doing what he loved
- Judge to review surveillance video in Appling gun case
- Arkansas using overseas trip to help mesh overhauled roster
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout