Wagner edges Long Island U. 65-59 in overtime
NEW YORK (AP)—Michael Orock scored 17 points and T.J. Czeski added 10, including four points in the final 1:05 of overtime, to lead Wagner past Long Island University 65-59 on Thursday night.
The Seahawks (3-17, 1-6 Northeast Conference) ended an eight-game skid.
The Blackbirds (7-11, 5-2) missed chances to win in regulation and held a three-point lead in overtime, but Wagner scored the final nine points.
With the Seahawks ahead 56-52 with 2:32 left in regulation, Long Island scored four points, capped by a David Hicks layup. Hicks, who scored 15 points, missed a foul shot with 1:25 left, as well as a 3-pointer with a second to go in regulation.
Long Island opened overtime with a Kyle Johnson 3-pointer, then Orock scored on a foul shot and a dunk to tie it up. Czeski scored on a layup with 1:05 left and he and Doug Elwell each hit a pair of free throws in the final 11 seconds.
- Is the Villanova buzzer-beater a play, or 'The Play?'
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case