New Mexico State beats Hawaii 71-69 in last second
HONOLULU (AP)—Jahmar Young hit an 18-foot jumper with 0.9 seconds left to give New Mexico State a 71-69 victory over Hawaii on Thursday night.
Young finished with 26 points on 11-of-23 shooting for the Aggies (12-7, 5-1 Western Athletic Conference). They also got 19 points from Jonathan Gibson, 10 points and 12 rebounds from Wendell McKines and 12 points and nine rebounds from Hamidu Rahman.
Roderick Flemings led the Rainbow Warriors (9-10, 2-4) with 23 points and 10 rebounds.
After Young made an 8-footer to give the Aggies a 67-66 lead with 1:08 left, Gibson sank two free throws to make it 69-66. Hawaii’s Hiram Thompson tied the game with a 3-pointer with 12 seconds to play before Young hit his game-winner.
Hawaii held a 40-28 halftime lead and led by as many as 14, but the Aggies opened the second half on a 17-2 run to pull ahead 45-42.
- New Mexico State beats Hawaii 71-69 in last second
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game