Utah State dominates Fresno State 69-43
FRESNO, Calif. (AP)—Brian Green scored a season-high 17 points and made five 3-pointers as Utah State defeated Fresno State 69-43 on Thursday night.
Jared Quayle added 13 points for Utah State (14-6 overall, 4-2 Western Athletic Conference). The defending WAC champions won their fourth straight.
Greg Smith had 12 points and eight rebounds for Fresno State (10-10, 3-3), which played most of the game without leading scorer Paul George. The sophomore forward sprained his ankle in the first half and didn’t return.
Utah State took advantage of George’s absence to hold Fresno State to a season-low point total. It was the Bulldogs’ third straight loss.
- Utah State dominates Fresno State 69-43
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament