Robert Morris 65, Fairleigh Dickinson 50
HACKENSACK, N.J. (AP)—Russell Johnson recorded a double-double, scoring 15 points and pulling down 11 boards, to lead Robert Morris to a 65-50 win over Fairleigh Dickinson on Thursday night.
Gary Wallace added 13 points for the Colonials (11-8, 6-1 Northeast Conference), who have won four in a row.
Robert Morris led by seven points at the break and outscored the Knights 33-25 in the second half to seal the win.
Wallace led the Colonials by going 6-for-8 from the foul line, as Robert Morris finished 22-for-36 for the stripe (61.1 percent). The Knights were just 14-for-26 from the free throw line (53.8 percent).
Robert Morris outrebounded the Knights 46-32, and forced them into 18 turnovers.
Terence Grier and Mike Scott scored 16 points apiece to lead the Knights (4-15, 3-4), who have lost three in a row since completing a season-high three-game win streak.
- Walter Hodge's unusual haircut, photographed and explained
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims
- Marist replaces Albany on Duke's basketball schedule
- Judge drops NCAA from lawsuit filed by ex-UNC athletes