Texas A&M-Corpus Christi stymies Lamar 81-64
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP)—Kevin Palmer exploded for 32 points Wednesday night as Texas A&M-Corpus Christi beat Lamar 81-64 to stay unbeaten in the Southland Conference.
Justin Reynolds scored 18 points and Demond Watt 14 for the Islanders (9-8, 4-0), who won their fourth in a row.
Justin Nabors had 19 points and Charlie Harper 11 for Cardinals (10-9, 2-2), who fell to 0-8 on the road.
Lamar outshot its hosts 53.1 percent (26 of 49) to 48.4 percent (30 of 62). But Texas A&M-Corpus Christi made four more 3-pointers and five more free throws than the Cardinals.
Palmer, Reynolds and Watt combined to score the Islanders’ first 32 points. Horace Bond finally broke into the group with a layup that put Corpus Christi ahead 34-24 after 16:37 had been played.
The Islanders led 42-32 at intermission and never by fewer than six the rest of the way.
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi stymies Lamar 81-64
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four