Stephen F. Austin defeats Texas-Arlington, 72-65
NACOGDOCHES, Texas (AP)—Orren Tims went for 17 points as Stephen F. Austin defeated Texas-Arlington 72-65 in Southland Conference play on Wednesday night.
Eddie Williams scored 16 points and grabbed a game-high 12 rebounds. Williams was not the only Lumberjack (12-5, 2-2) to record a double-double as Jordan Glynn scored 14 and had 10 rebounds.
Maverick’s (8-8, 1-3) Marquez Haynes, the leading scorer in the Southland Conference at 24.5 points per game and the fourth-leading scorer in the nation, went for 22 points on a 7 of 17 shooting performance. Brandon Long added 12 points.
Stephen F. Austin led 27-23 at the half. They would lead by as many as 10 with 5:57 left in the game. Clutch free throw shooting allowed the Lumberjacks to maintain the lead as they made 30 of 35 (85.7 percent) from the line.
- The Dagger Analyst Previews: 'Bob Knight' on the Big East
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the west returns and defense triumphs
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch